Howl-o-ween 2018 was such a great success that we are back again this year and will be bigger and better than ever.
When: Sunday 3rd November 2019
Where: The Vines, Bushmere Estate, 166 Main Road,
Entries cost $15
Tickets available in store at Harry and Sam.
- Costume Contest: We have four categories to enter this year. You can only enter one category per dog. Each dog is one ticket.
The categories are:
Most Original, (which is homemade costumes), sponsored by Bronwyn Kay Real Estate
Funniest Costume, sponsored by Whispering Sands Beachfront Motel
Scariest Costume, sponsored by Chris Frandi at Canine Company Boarding Kennels
best Dog/Human combo, sponsored by Harry and Sam
First prize: $100 cash, and runner up: $50 cash for each category.
- Free Photo booth: Our professional Harry and Sam photographer will have a Halloween themed photo booth to take photos of you and your dog in costume. The photos will be uploaded to the Harry and Sam Facebook page and this website in the week following the event.
- Dog Agility Demonstration: The Gisborne Dog Agility club will have a course set up and will do some demonstrations for you to watch
- Kids Face painting:
- Food and Drinks: The amazing team at The Vines will have delicious food and cold drinks available for you to purchase. They will be open for lunch so arrive early and sit outside in the sunshine with your dog and enjoy a full meal.
- Spot Prizes: Lots of goodies up for grabs thanks to the donations of Carevets and Canine Company Boarding Kennels.
The Fine print:
- All dogs must be animal and child friendly. Do not bring your dog if they do not do well in public settings.
- All dogs must be on a lead at all times! If a dog is seen off the lead you will be asked to leave the venue.
- Each entry to the costume contest is $15 per dog. Dogs may only enter one category.
- All dogs entering the venue must purchase a ticket- whether entering the contest or not.
- Ticket price is only for dogs, bring as many friends and family as you wish, there is no cost for humans.
- 100% proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to charity Mutts and Moggies.
- Please fill out all your information on the back of your ticket.
- Photos taken at the event may be used for advertising and future promotion. All rights to the photos belong to Harry and Sam. Please talk to the photographer if you do not wish for your photo to be taken.